
Mexicans know how to have fun. Last night we went to Lucha Libra wrestling, then we danced till midnight. So today as I try to hide my yawns, I asked Carla and Sarah if Mexicans take a siesta. Their response sums up the vibe in Mexico City;
"We don't siesta, we fiesta."
We spent today hanging out in Coyacan, a neighborhood famous for its ice cream shops. Mexican culture is infused into every scoop. We tried cucumber and chilli - the mix of cold and hot was deliciously confusing for my New Zealand taste buds. I felt like I was on holiday as our big group meandered through the square, soaking up the sun and just taking it easy. Mariana and Jorje - two students who joined us today - assured me that this is true quality of life.
"Quality of life is when you have good food, friends, family and fun."

I'll never forget the Four F's rule, nothing is more true.
Opportunity: Bring the world some Quality of Life - the Mexican way.
No comments:
Post a Comment